Prayer Ministry: Sweet Hour of Prayer, Prayer Chain, and Community Prayer Box
- Sweet Hour of Prayer will be Wednesday, December 13, 2023, at 4 pm in the Chapel.
Community Lending Library is located in the church parking lot
Community Blessing Box is located in the church parking lot
- Items of need are cereal, canned veggies, and canned fruit.
Shawl Ministry for those who are sick, recovering, or in need of comfort
Meal Ministry provides hot meals to the sick and homebound
Backpack Blessings of weekend food for school children in need
- The item of need for November is canned meat.
- The item of need for December will be jelly.
- We are looking for volunteers from helping in the kitchen, cleaning, warehouse, pantry, and admin positions. If you or your team / friends are interested in helping with some of the needs of RCS please give us a call to schedule a date and time. Call 252-633-2767 || After 3pm 252-633-1887. If it’s your first time volunteering please sign up with the link below. If you have any issues we will be more happy to help you onsite for your volunteer orientation. https://rcsnewbern.volunteermatters.org/register
Christian Crafters for mission activities support
School Personnel Appreciation Luncheon each Fall
Vacation Bible School for the community
- The HPRC is collecting new car seats through December 31. If you would like to donate, please contact the church office for details.
Coastal Women’s Shelter: Ongoing collection of used cell phones and needed supplies
- Items of need include batteries, cleaning supplies, and socks (all sizes).
- Instead of donating poinsettias, we ask for donations to the Coastal Women’s Shelter in honor or memory of a loved one. We have placed envelopes in the Sanctuary and the Fellowship Hall. You can choose the donation amount, and the deadline to order will be December 10, 2023.
Crystal Coast Hospice House: Provides a monthly meal for residents, family, and staff
The Gathering Place: Provides and serves meals to the Havelock area
- Desperately needs volunteers. Please find more information at https://tgphavelock.org/we-need-you/.
- Due to illness in the family, we will be closed for the remainder of the year.
Havelock Chamber of Commerce member
- Craven County Schools welcomes individuals looking to make a positive contribution in the life of a child by serving as a mentor. Mentors agree to a 30 minute per week commitment during the school year that takes place at the student’s school. Individuals and businesses can volunteer to mentor students, and many mentors provide academic support and tutoring to their mentees.
- Volunteers help in the classroom, library, with special events, and anywhere they are needed at all Craven County schools. To get started, contact the school nearest you and offer your services. All volunteers must pass a background check.
*not an all-inclusive list of ministries